I graduated from UCT with a Film, Media and Visual Studies degree and have since moved into freelance graphic design. I have been working as a graphic designer for an eco-tourism web company for the last three years and would relish the chance to work in a production house of some kind as I have strong creative skills in various media related fields. More specifically my work has involved logo design, photo/image research and database management, web-template layout, copywriting, proof reading, photo retouching and manipulation, publication layout and design (banners, brochures, letterheads, businness cards, flyers, adverts). I have completed a part-time AAA diploma in copywriting, diplomas in Photoshop and Indesign CS4 and I am looking into part-time graphic design courses to further my knowledge of the entire Adobe Creative Suite. I completed a 3 month internship for Inkfish Branding and Online Solutions as well as three years of graphic design for African Array and more specifically the game lodge and safari index websites.
My skill set includes, but is not limited to:
- Photoshop CS4 – logos, photo retouching, graphic design, basic website template design in conjunction with WordPress.
- Indesign CS4 – business cards, letterheads, page layout, adverts, banners, brochures.
- Illustrator CS4 – basic knowledge, but strengths include comic art and character design.
- Stills photographer, image researcher and database management – I have taken stills on a number of shoots as well as stock-photo management for SANHU (Southern African Natural History Unit) and African Array (fauna and flora) as well as general stock images for Inkfish Design Studio.
- Image restoration, manipulation and advanced editing.
- I have excellent picture research skills and am familiar with a wide variety of image libraries.
- Copywriting – conceptualising ideas for radio/TV, brand copy, SEO copy.
- Script writing and feature writing – journalistic writing strengths.
- Research – excellent online research skills and web savvy – social media, blogs, web resources.
- Creative strengths and communication with creatives – ideas person.
- Production assistance – sound, lighting, runner, cast assistance.
- Storyboarding – storyboard shots/sequences.
- Concept art/design – either for animation or film shots/character design.
I am available for any freelance work or contract work.
Graphic Design – African Array
Tel: +27 11 467 1275
Mobile: 084 267 9215